interesting story

Moderator: Mods

Becky

interesting story

Post by Becky »

I recently found an irn in my yard. I have never owned a bird larger than a parakeet. This is all new to me. I have takin the bird to the vet. His wings and nails have been clipped so there is no escaping. Its been a week and half since I found him. He seems to be getting more comfortable with me. He said pretty bird last night. My question is how do I get him to stop biting me? He's a beautiful bird and I would like to have him as a pet.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

YOU NEED TO FIND THE BIRDS REAL HOME. THAT IS WHAT TAGGING IS FOR. Someone out there lost their bird and love it and want it back. Please, consider this.

I wish I knew the website but there is a link you can go to and type in the birds tag info and it will tell you the history of the bird. Please, try to reunite it with its real family. If no luck, love it forever, otherwise he/she wants and needs to go home. Sorry for the bluntness but I call it like I see it. Sorry to offend, assuming I have but right is right... period.
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

Considering he is tagged you should check it out. it is most likely that he is from nearby so put up sum flyers and a contact number preferably a mobile number. Then check the owners out and if they have been a loving family or even if the owner in a family has looked after it well then I would give the bird back but if not then it is your call. They seldom bite there owners so that’s 1 way of knowing if they have a loving home. Think about getting it back home though I would want my friend returned to me if it got away.
Becky

Post by Becky »

I understand your bluntness. I'd feel really bad if I lost my pet. I have ran an ad in the paper. I'm a little bit nervous about the original owners. The vet said the bird was malnourished and he had a scab on his beak. With his agressive behavior I wonder if hes been mistreated. He does have a tag if anyone could tell me more about that. Where to look it up or what not. I would think if someone had lost a beloved pet they would be looking for it. Running an ad themselves. I don't know what to think. All I can do is give him a good home until the owners are found. Hopefully they are treating him right.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Becky:

I am going to make it my business to try my hardest to find that site where you relocate via the tag. IRN's are sort of moody (aggressive) anyway. They arent real affectionate, although there are exceptions.

He could be under-fed from being loose and his beak hurt from a predator. So, lets not write the owners off yet. However, if you know you can give the bird a better home, as it was said, its your call.

I know my bird would never be in that situation and if she were it would be ME hanging flyers so you may have a new baby and no need to feel guilty about it.
~ Mikaela Sky

Becky

Post by Becky »

I agree I think a responsible bird owner would not have let the bird get away. Its not that hard to clip their wings. I won't give up on the owners. I love animals and would be very upset if I lost a pet.

The bird has free run of the house. I only shut his cage at night or when I'm gone. I feel bad when I have to put him back in there because he doesn't like me to handle him. I work with him everyday trying to get him to like me. I think he's strating to, he squawks when I leave the room. And if I sit on the opposite side of the table he tries to come over to me. Its funny he acts like that but he still won't let me handle him.

If you find the place to look up tag #'s let me know. I still have the ad in the paper. No one has called yet. How far could the bird have flown? Maybe I need to run it in another paper.
natureboy

Post by natureboy »

Becky where are you located?

I lost a green indian ring neck about 2 months ago

It didnt have to deal with me being careless.
his/her wings here clipped but the wing swept him away :(

I miss him terribly thanks