Pellets

Moderator: Mods

CricketsMum

Pellets

Post by CricketsMum »

Helloooo again! I've heard a lot about how good pellets are for tiels as well as IRN's. I've gone to every vet, supplier, pet store in Darwin (Australia) and they don't sell it :roll: . Would anybody have any idea where I could get some (hopefully interstate rather than overseas?)

Have a fab day... and thanks a lot

Vera
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Many Aussies on board, sure someone will be along very soon to fill you in on the hook ups!
~ Mikaela Sky

CricketsMum

Post by CricketsMum »

Hi Mikaela. A new pet shop opened up and they've got everything from pellets to doggie mints. I brought some and tried to give it to Cricket dry and he just looked at me :shock: . I'll read up on posts regarding conversion and see how we go. Thanks..Bye for now .... Vera
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

It took me two months to get Baby off seeds and onto pellets
~ Mikaela Sky

Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

You can go on the Vetafarm website and have some sent to you.
I used to use Vetafarm pellets but they are more like crumbles and the birds crack them in half and barely get to eat any of it.
I then started to use Passwell's Woombaroo Pellets. They were quite good and the Ringnecks loved them.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

I use Harrisons, if you go to their website they have the name, address and phone number of every stockist in the world! They took a while to get my lot onto but it was worth it, I find they are very good even if a little expensive.

Good Luck!
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

http://www.indianringneck.com/board/vie ... highlight=

Two threads going on this topic at once, in case you didnt see them, here are more suggestions.
~ Mikaela Sky

goro

how to swtich

Post by goro »

the way i got my kannah to eat pellet was to put a cap full of apple juice in it he started to eat it right away after checking it out. try that or orange juice and try that
goro
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

The way I converted Baby was, after 6 HARD months of trying, eat it or starve. :oops:

I know my bird and thats what it was going to take.

He ate it. Took about 2 days and I would give him nipples of stuff just enough to keep him hungry.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Mik's way was the way I had to get my old tiel off seeds and onto pellets...stubborn little things

Dani
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

I bought that Harrisons for my babies and paid over $32 for like 4 pounds and they won't eat it to save their lives. :evil: So now I just put it into their bowls cuz I paid so dang much for it I figure let them at least throw it out of the bowl. But they'll eat their Zupreem pellets. So...
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

hehehe and their Nurtiberries Jen... :wink:

Dani
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Of course, HOW could I forget the blessed Nutriberries?? They would be so upset with me for forgetting. Let's let that be our little secret. :shock:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Secrets out Jen...couldn't hold that birdie in the bag for too long. hehehe...mmm nutriberries...

Dani
fiona

Post by fiona »

I agree with jen. Zupreem is an excellent food and birds seem to like it a lot. From what I know about birds, they care more about color and smell, than taste. Zupreem does a good job with all three(although their new stuff is boring colored pellets). That is what we use here at the indianapolis zoo (fruity) and that's what I use for fiona. I also give her some of the other kinds too as a treat or to complement the fruity in a seperate bowl(right now she has fruity and wild'n' spicy)They have several different kinds. The fruity is good, but there is also wild and spicy, harvest feast, and garden goodness. These have mainly pellets, but some seed, fruit, and peppers depending on the kind you get. This may be perfect to switch your bird overbecause it has mainly pellets, but some other stuff too.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I use the wild and spicy. Baby loves it and did from day 1. It actually even has a ringneck on the bag so super easy to spot.
~ Mikaela Sky

Carly

Post by Carly »

I agree with Jeremy - the vetafarm are not so great, lots of wastage. I now use Tropican - it smells like bananas and is in flat disc shapes so its easy to eat.

weaning onto pellets shouldnt be so painful! the method thats worked for me is to wet them at first, mush them a bit and try feeding it by hand so they get the idea. withdraw the other food sources at night before bed time, then first thing in the morning provide the pellets (wet at first) and dont give them anything else till the afternoon. if they have a choice of food they will always choose the familiar food. you should only have to wet the pellets for a few days till they start eating them then just use dry. works a treat for me!