We just love our baby IRN

Moderator: Mods

Tiki

We just love our baby IRN

Post by Tiki »

Tiki is only 9 weeks old, but he/she has totally captured our hearts. She is very loving and loves to sit on my lap and have her head petted and she will coo while I do it. She learned the step up command in less than an hour! Last night she was sitting in her little tree perch and my daughter walked in with a plate of chips and cheese. I have never seen Tiki move so fast! She climbed out of the tree, did a summersault roll and ran like lightning trying to steal a tortilla chip from my daughters plate. My daughter jumped up fast with her plate not knowing what Tiki was doing. I took a chip from her plate wiped the salt from it and handed it to Tiki. Tiki took the chip from my hand immediately and climbed back up atop her tree and ate her snack. It was really cute and funny! :lol:
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

ahhhhhhhhhh the joy of baby ringnecks!

I really miss those days! LoL!!!

Just a heads up. Enjoy the baby antics while they last. Your ringneck is going to go through a stage called “Bluffing.” This is going to be a huge challenge in both your life and the ringnecks.

They key is patience and more patience. Work though this difficult time by ignoring all symptoms. It’s a good idea not to let children handle them during this time unless they can handle ringneck nipping.

The “Bluffing” will die down and it’s a night and day difference. I am soon going to post more information about this topic.

But enjoy your ball of fluff! They are fantastic creatures who thrive with love and lots of interaction!

Congrats on your new baby! :wink:

I.C.