Squash & Kiwi

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

Squash & Kiwi

Post by jen5239 »

Yum? I got some of both for the fids last night. But I don't know if it's ok for them to eat. I know this topic has been covered a zillion times. But... Does anyone know if it's ok to give to them. It's yellow squash. And can they have it raw? I don't know anything about squash. I won't eat it. But I thought I'd read where someone said their birds ate it. And Kiwi? Can they have that? Thanks for your help, AGAIN!
berrynice
Member on Probation

Post by berrynice »

don't know about squash, but have given my girls kiwi. They are soso about it, but they love freash fig. Also love pomegranate, but make a huge mess with it. Do not giv this if you have expensive pale rugs.
elaine

Post by elaine »

Hi, I haven't tried my baby on kiwi but he has had squash, and that's exactly what happened to it ............. Squashed all over the sides of the cage and the perches....... He had a wild time with it, though I don't think he actually ate it just squashed it everywhere :D took ages to clean.!!
Ed Loschi

All foods are acceptable to Irn's except chocolate, avacado

Post by Ed Loschi »

All foods are acceptable to Irn's except chocolate or avacado skin, [Prove me wrong only with verifiable facts not hearsay please]. But not all food will be acceptable to your bird.

Squash is great.
red192

yellow squash

Post by red192 »

I'm rather new here,,,,but Hello. My IRN loves yellow squash. I cut it up and keep it in baggies in the freezer. I'll take a couple of pices out and steam it up for her along with other veggies. I cut cobs of corn up into disk for her as well. I'll even make jiffy corn bread with chopped up carrots, squash, zucchini. And sweet potato balls.
Terri & Geoff
and all 16 FIDS