watch out for....

Moderator: Mods

Mitchy_3

watch out for....

Post by Mitchy_3 »

hi everyone,
a few weeks ago me and my brother bought 2 indian ringnecks one was blue and one was green and on the second day of having them the blue bird was always fluffed up and would not fly up we thought he was just scared from the change in home so we left him and on the third day he was always trying to sleep and that night he hid under a log and died :( :( . we called the breeder and asked him what could have happened he took the dead bird to his friend who was a vet and he did a few tests. he didnt die from anything physical so he got sent on to a labatory for further tests and the tests found he had starved himself to death for some unknown reason but we gave them both aplles and carrot evryday along woth some seed so there was plenty of food there but i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. we think he might have been part of a pair and was seperated from his partner so he killed himself. but now 2 weeks on the green bird has settled in with the other ringnecks we have since bought now we hav 5 irn's so lif anybody irns start to sleep more then they should take them to a vet immediatley.
thanks for any info. cya