CAN U BELIEVE THIS.... AND YES, IT IS BYNDI, NOT A STAND IN

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

CAN U BELIEVE THIS.... AND YES, IT IS BYNDI, NOT A STAND IN

Post by jen5239 »

Hey you guys,

Here is some video to prove that Byndi is letting me give him scritches! :D Listen to the noises he's making and check out how he squats down. I'm just so excited!!! Now mind you, this only happens when Byndi wants it to happen! And when he's had enough if I want to keep on he bites. Now it's not hard, but he has gotten me good a few times. About four times since yesterday. Like this morning he was all lovey and wanted scritches, then I tried to get him to step up from inside his cage and he NAILED me twice. MAN it smarted! Little bugger! Anyway, I'm so freakin' happy! Isn't this just awesome??

http://dropshots.com/jen5239

Let me know what u think!

Hugs,
Jen
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Jen, thats so cool! Byndi is a girl too, that stance and those noises are very female.

She is in a mating 'trance'

http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=18&highlight=trance
http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1583&highlight=trance
http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1532&highlight=trance
http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=423&highlight=trance

Have a look at these posts, they should explain it. Jeremy has said he uses this as a taming technique, pet them while they are like this and eventually they will get used to touch.
-Chamon-

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

WOW!!!! That is so freakin' cool! That is EXACTLY what Byndi does and is doing. AND!!! I make kissing noises when I'm approaching her! WOW! MY BYNDI IS A GIRL. Now do I need to FREAK out about her laying eggs!!! Thank you so much Chamon! I AM SO TOTALLY FREAKING OUT! How cool.

Hugs,
Jen

I'm very paranoid right now about eggs. What do I do about that??
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

To be honest Jen I have no idea but I too will be nervous if Dats doesturn out to be female, I think Athena will be a good person to answer that one....

*puts hands around mouth to amplify and calls..*
"ATHEEEENAAAA"
*looks around for woman with stunning yeller bird*
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

OMG ! that is totally wonderful.. I love it.. had little tears in my eyes watching Byndi taking love and enjoying it. Thats so wonderful and he being a girl .. yeah I can see it now with the sounds and the pose.

Sigh !
I was hoping I could get Kai to let me scritch and pet him. But it seems like the petting might be a female thing not male.

Maybe because the males are so particular about their feathers and appearance ?

Do I have any hope of petting Kai.. does anyone else have boys that love pets and scritches. Hang on .. archimedes is a boy right ? If I remember and he loved scritches .. hmmm
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Awww... Dats a girly birdy!

You can dig down into the neck feathers behind the head and really scritch deep when she's like that... try it some time.. Mazzie LOVES it.

Eggs... well, I wouldnt worry too much. Maz isnt interested in eggs, as shes not interested in boys. I pet and scritch her madly but she's never laid a single one. Even my stimulation of her doesnt stimulate her to lay.

Boys do too like scritches ;)... its just on their own terms. Buddy wont flop his head down for them, but he'll lean his beak against my chest and jabber softly at me while I do it.

If she ever does lay an egg I'd be shocked. Honestly. I know a lot of Alexandrines who lay but its rare for the female IRN's to do it without being a mated bird.

Athena
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Wow Jen...that is freakin awesome! Byndi is finally coming around. Congrats and you still rock girl

Dani and Prinny
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Byndi was lovin it! lol
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

Thats great Jen, I hope I some time will be able to scratch Kalle :D
natalie

Jen

Post by natalie »

Jen thats fantastic news, gr8 vid. Hubbys gr8 accent too, just loved that. Anyway Byndi was makeing such a cute noise, bless him. marley only makes that oise when he is telling himself how lovely he is in the mirror.Natalie xxxx
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx