Hello everyone!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

petarpav

Hello everyone!

Post by petarpav »

Hello there.
Have recently become the owner of a beautiful IRN. Found in the backyard and saved from becoming my two dogs new chew toy, not much luck in finding his owners, so I guess he's a permanent house guest for the moment. We have named him Jack (wife's pick) he's approx 1-2 years old (has his ring).

It's been a massive learning curve slowly getting him of the hamburger diet (seeds) which he only picked out the sunflower seeds to pellets, to a nice healthy diet. Big difference from a Budgie, oh also have a Budgie called "PeeWee".

Finding ways to keep him entertained while at work, think he's settling in well. Has already displayed his happy dance to the wife, me on the other hand is a on off love hate relationship.

Regards
Petar
Donovan

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Donovan »

how did you just -find- this bird in your yard?.. that's pretty neat..

why isn't there much hope for finding the owner?.. I bet he hasn't traveled far.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Welcome.
-MissK
petarpav

Post by petarpav »

Yeah the dogs where going nuts wife looked out the window and saw him on the BBQ cornered by the dogs she actually caught the dog in mid flight and managed to get the bird inside. Lucky it was her day off.

I don't think he flew that far as he wasn't that good at flying. Put up found parrot flyers everywhere (no calls), have not seen any lost parrot flyers, rang the local bird boarders for escapees, took it to the avian vet (only one in the area). No band or microchip.

Got the feeling he might have been intentionally released.
If my budgie flew the cope I'd have flyers up everywhere.
MissK

Post by MissK »

I once found a dog in my yard (he hopped the fence). I went door to door and discovered he had gotten out of a house on the next street. If one of my pets got loose, I would certainly hope my neighbors would knock on my door and help it get home again.
-MissK
petarpav

Post by petarpav »

I did door knock all my neighbors (know them all) even a lady two streets away that I knew had birds, no one said they where missing a IRN. Even the vet said he had never seen it before and his the only avian vet within 5 suburbs. All the flyers are still up check every time I take the dogs for a walk, plus there also on the local shopping center doors (all the locals go there for convenience, checked yesterday).

It's been with me for almost a month.