Please help introducing my ringnecks!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

mango_masher

Please help introducing my ringnecks!

Post by mango_masher »

Hi, I have had a green female indian ringneck for about 3 years and she has always been just outside the back door or inside in a medium sized cage. When my grandmother decided to get rid of her birds she gave me here small aviary, about 3x the size of here last cage, but i was still going in there to handle her after school etc. After a while she was looking a bit bored int the big aviary all by herself so I decided to get her a friend. I went down to the petshop and had a look at some males, it was either a blue 4 month old or a creamino 1 1/4 year old, but the creamino was blind in one eye. Being the sucker i am i got the half blind one cause it was cuter. I had him inside for about a week so he could get used to me, then i put the cage next to the aviary because i know she is terratorial for about 2 days, then i tried to introduce them but she kept attacking him, after three days i thought that was enough and put her in the other cage about two metres from his where she can't see him. She has been there for 3 days and i will put her back in the aviary with him tommorow after school.

Is there anything else i can do to help them get along, or any tips to maybe get them to breed.

PLEASE HELP SOON
Anthony anth Mc Geer

Re: Please help introducing my ringnecks!

Post by Anthony anth Mc Geer »

hello you can clip the females flights I did it last year and the female gave me 5 chicks after fighting with the male forever