Towel training my ringneck

Moderator: Mods

liljo202

Towel training my ringneck

Post by liljo202 »

Hi Did anyone try towel training their ringneck? I heard your suppose to get them use to a towel in case when they have to go for a check up or some kind of emergency I'm trying to get him a little use to a towel around him, but it just seem like this is gonna be hard training.If anyone have tried this can you let me know how you did it and if your bird got use to it. Its hard doing any touching with a ringneck cause most of the time they don't like to be hand touched at all.Mine don't anyway He's got to be in the right mood If anyone could help me with this one I would appreciate it Thanks liljo
AJPeter

Re: Towel training my ringneck

Post by AJPeter »

Hi Liljo
I have an Alexandrine and got her used to a cat box but so far she won't let me cover her with a towel. Perserverance is best
AJPeter
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

I recommend getting the video on training for medical exams from www.goodbirdinc.com. I don't have time to explain all the principals that are relevant and important to training this kind of behaviour, but it is all on those videos. She might have something on bet YouTube channel on toweling too.
It is much easier to start right than try to correct mistakes after the bird has gotten scared.
liljo202

Post by liljo202 »

AJPeter wrote:Hi Liljo
I have an Alexandrine and got her used to a cat box but so far she won't let me cover her with a towel. Perserverance is best
AJPeter
Hi AJpeter Thanks for the reply My ringneck won't even go in his playstand I had to take the dowels out of it And the swing Now he's getting use to it alittle He's scared of everything new. What a baby but he's so cute though How old is your ringneck?
liljo202

Post by liljo202 »

InTheAir wrote:I recommend getting the video on training for medical exams from http://www.goodbirdinc.com. I don't have time to explain all the principals that are relevant and important to training this kind of behaviour, but it is all on those videos. She might have something on bet YouTube channel on toweling too.
It is much easier to start right than try to correct mistakes after the bird has gotten scared.
Hi "InTheAir" Thanks for the reply Ok I will look at the videos I don't want to do anything negative for training I wouldn't want him to lose his trust in me That's true about correcting mistakes ok Thanks liljo
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Hi Liljo
I have no idea how old Billie is a she was a foundling, not a ring neck but an Alexandrine, just be patient follow InTheAir's advice.
AJPeter